1sqm Pack - Grass Ground Reinforcement Grid Panel Tile System
Minimum Order Quantity: 5 square metres
EARTHWORX Groundrings Grass panels are an effective method of stabilising and reinforcing grass surfaces. This helps to prevent compaction of the root zone layer, enabling the grass roots to obtain the necessary oxygen, moisture and nutrients they need from the soil to survive.
The unique open grid structure of the panel provides over 90% root development area, meaning the roots can grow laterally without hindrance, resulting in 100% grass cover. This modular system is suitable for grass parking areas that are subject to infrequent use only, such as overflow car parks, access roads etc. It is not recommended for parking areas with permanent or regular use.
- Unique ring design = optimum strength
- Excellent load bearing capacity
- Suitable for pedestrians and vehicles
- Open grid structure = lateral root growth
- Fully permeable grass surface
- Prevents compaction of root zone
- Quick and easy to install
- Flexible = can follow undulations
- Fully compatible with Gravel panels
- Pack: 4 x panels per pack = 1 square metre (sqm)
- Panel Size: 500mm x 500mm = 4 panels per square metre
- Panel Depth: 30mm
- Cell Diameter: 50mm
- Pre-Seed Fertiliser (recommended): 10% nitrogen, 15% phosphate and 10% potassium
- Root Zone (recommended): 70% sand & 30% recycled compost mix – pH 6.5 – 7.2
- Grass Seed (recommended): BAR 10 with RTF or BAR 30 with RTF if a limestone base course has been used.
- Material: 100% recycled, UV stabilised HDPE
- Resistance: Chemical resistant
- Colour: Black
- Load Bearing Capacity: 350 tonnes per m2
- Coverage: 1 sq/m
- Supplied: As plastic panel
- Item Weight: 3.0 (Kg)
- Delivery Time: approx. 2 working days (more delivery info)
- FREE Delivery
- Excavate soil (sub-grade) to the required depth (allowing for sufficient depth of sub-base material plus 50mm). The depth of the sub-base will vary depending on the intended use and engineer’s specification. As a guide it should be a minimum of 75-100mm for pedestrians, 100-150mm for light vehicles and 200-300mm for trucks.
- Lay DRAINTEX or DRIVETEX geotextile fabric.
- Secure using EXTRAFIX fixing pegs.
- Lay stone sub-base layer (clean angular load bearing stone without clay fines) to the required depth, compact and level to engineer’s specification, 40-50mm below the final finish level.
- Add and spread evenly a thin layer (20-30mm) of sand (rounded root zone sand with an even sized particle distribution) and wash or roll into the sub-base until the stone is almost visible.
- Evenly spread a layer of water storing polymer at a rate of 4kg per 100m² (using a mechanical rotary spreader).
- Lay the Groundrings Grass panels over the base and clip together. Cut around obstructions, trees, kerbs etc.
- Evenly spread a grass starting fertiliser (see tech data) at a rate of 7kg per 100m² (using a mechanical rotary spreader).
- Half fill (approx 15mm) the rings with a suitable root zone mix (see tech data).
- Spread grass seed (see tech data) at a rate of 5kg per 100m² (using a mechanical rotary spreader).
- Finish filling the rings with the root zone material using a large broom to ensure the top edge of the rings remains exposed.
- Fertilise the seeded area again (see tech data) at a rate of 7kg per 100m² (using a mechanical rotary spreader).
- After installation the area must be kept moist. Consideration should be given to additional watering during extended periods of dry weather. The area must be protected from traffic for a minimum of 8 weeks or two cuts until the grass has fully established. Regular maintenance will be required including watering and fertilising in the spring/summer. The grass should be cut at approx 50mm and certainly no less than 30mm.
Note: These instructions are provided as a guide only and do not offer any warranty since the site conditions and requirements can vary.
|VIDEO TUTORIALS ON HOW TO INSTALL|
|If you need some guidance or tips on how to correctly install one of our fabrics, then please have a look at our video tutorials on how to install, which should help answer some of the questions you may have.|
Products Used By Professionals
We Also Recommend